Doctor of Religious Studies (DRS)
(51 UNITS REQUIRED)
The GSST Doctor of Religious Studies degree is designed for those individuals who want to complete a post-graduate program, but who lack the normal prerequisite Master of Divinity or Master of Theology degree. Candidates who possess an earned, 32-unit Masterís degree in any discipline may be eligible for the Doctor of Religious Studies degree program.
Candidates may transfer a maximum of 15 units into the Doctor of Religious Studies degree program. These units may come from another institution, or through the acceptance of a Candidate prepared Ministerial Experience Portfolio.
A total of 51 units are required for this degree.
- An earned 32-unit Master's Degree in any discipline.
- An entrance GPA of at least 3.0.
- A minimum of three (3) years of ministerial experience (professional or lay ministry.)
- Candidates must complete 51 units of post-graduate level coursework.
- Candidates may transfer a maximum of nine (9) post-graduate units into the DRS program.
- Candidates must maintain a 3.5 GPA to maintain enrollment in the program.
- Candidates must participate in the GSST Monthly Payment Plan.Candidates must complete a minimum of 36 required units, including the three (3) unit Research Course and the six (6) unit Dissertation. If the candidate has completed the same or similar course as the requirement, another course may be taken as an Elective.
- Candidates may select as electives any courses totaling 15 units to complete the 51 unit requirement for graduation. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that students take BI921 HERMENEUTICS as one of their Elective courses.
|NT952B||Gospel Of Mark||3|
|BI911||Advanced Biblical Studies||3|
|TH911||Advanced Systematic Theology||3|
|TH925||Theology Of Grace||3|
|TH930||Christ In The Old Testament||3|
|OT911||Old Testament Survey||3|
|NT911||New Testament Survey||3|
|RE931||Dissertation Or Project||6|
|Required Course Units||36|
Payment plans are available for this program.